Thursday, September 25, 2008

A solid 17kms

So Wednesday is now my designated 'longer run in the week' day. So a nice little 11 miles, or 17kms was order of the dya last night. It's meant to be slow and steady, but I can't resist throwing in a few quicker kms just to get the old heart rate up as I really want to focus on building up some fitness ahead of the Melbourne marathon. So after a nice 7kms steady build up, I got to the Bay, and thrashed out the first 1.5kms, probably a bit quick as my knee started to hurt a little. A gentle 500m jog was then followed with another 1km thrash, before 1km jog and 500m thrash again. I think I may have strained my knee ligament slightly again. It's funny, I can get round a 100km race with no aches and pains, but as soon as I ramp it up for 1500m, the pain comes back. Maybe it just doesnt like going quickly... tough bloody luck to be honest!

So all in a nice 17kms in a gentle 1hr 25min... Still probably too quick, but it didnt feel quick at all, in fact I positively slowed down loads in teh last 3-4kms to a very gentle jogging pace.

Am planning a 40-45km run with Innes at the weekend, one of the guys I met up at the Glasshouse 100 as part of the training for GNW

No comments: