Monday, September 22, 2008

Hot weekend

So Saturday was a 'take the missus on her longest training run' day, so we did a very steady 16kms, clocking in around 1hr 55mins, as she prepares for her first half marathon. She did really well given how hot it was on Saturday and it was nice for me to use that as a bit of warm-down from last weekend's epic race. However I felt so tired on Sunday and still a little achey for some reason. So all I did on Sunday was a gentle 2 mile recovery run. I was going to go out and do another 10 miler, but to be honest I would have just tired myself out even more, so rest up I thought and chill ahead of a nice longer training run at the weekend, where I'm planning on heading out with Innes from the Cool Running website, and doing around 40kms of the Great North Walk track.

I'm planning on doing another 100km event, so this will be good training for that. Although from what I hear this one is a bit harder, so it will be good prep. It was also the Sydney marathon this weekend, and it seems a little strange not doing it, but sensible head took over and I thought best not to do it. Plus I think it's a bit of a rip-off to pay $150 to run around the same routes I do for free. Maybe next year hey?

No comments: