Thursday, September 18, 2008

And so we return...

After a bit of soreness on Monday and Tuesday, I felt a million times better yesterday and was walking freely and easily. So much so that I went for very easy 5kms last night to shake out the old legs. I actually had to force myself to go slower as I really didnt want to risk any kind of injury. The next 6 months now are where the proper training starts. Over the last 10-11 months I've built up a solid base, and now the heavy stuff starts.

I've got the Melbourne marathon on Oct 12th, but I'm not really tapering for this, can't be bothered. If I run a PB great, if I don't it's not important. The next big one, which I have to do now is the Great North Walk, and then the Deep Space marathon down in Canberra which looks like a great little hike.

From December onwards I'll be gradually increasing the mileage, and peaking at around 150kms a week in February, before a 3 week taper in March ahead of the MDS. This is where it really starts now, no injuries please... and nice run-in to March is required!

No comments: