Thursday, January 24, 2008

Strong like bull!

Well another day, another run. Decided to up the ante from last night's 'recovery run'. So increased the weight in the backpack to around 4/5 kgs (am only planning on taking 7-8kgs for thee real thing)... and it was a good run. Plan was to start out steady, and then increase speed for the final two miles, so a good workout all in all. Despite the increased weight I went round the 8.25mile loop I do in 1hr 9 mins, so pretty pleased with that.

As is usual, first mile is always quick, and then it settles down, but the last 2 miles I did around a 7:15 min miles, which ain't too shabby. So now up to around 36/37 miles for the week. One more run tomorrow, between 8-10 again, and then I'm going to have 3 days off as I'll have trained solid for 4 weeks now, so a nice bit of recovery will do me good, although I find it so hard not to run.

I'm off to Melbourne for the weekend for a bit of partying, but will probably take the trainers and go for a gentle 4 miler or something :)

No comments: