Thursday, January 17, 2008

Forcing myself to rest

I hate it... this is the second rest day on the trot and I dont like it one bit. All I want to do is go out there for a little 7 miler. But I'm being good and not doing anything. I'm actually off out for drinks tonight, but even thought to myself that I could get a little run in before I went. Hmmmmmm...

Anway's it's quite a strange week given that I did the 14 miler on Tuesday night, so have done 22 miles this week, which I'll supplement with either 2 shorter runs of 8 miles to take me to around 40 miles for the week, or either I'll do an easy 4-6 miler tomorrow night, followed by a possible 16 miler on Saturday and then rest on Sunday. Am tempted to do the latter as I want to get another 16 miler under my belt, but that will be two long runs in a week. We'll see how I feel to be frank, but it's tempting, and also a good way to see how my body will feel after 44 miles, but with two long runs involved, hence why I think it would be cool to have a crack at it.

No comments: