Monday, January 7, 2008

A good week

So after a 'lighter' training week during the xmas period (enforced by myself to stop me over doing it!). The first week of 2008 has been a great start with 40+ miles in the bag and a step in the right direction as I ramp things up for the Canberra Marathon in April, which I've just seen I've been accepted to run in!

The training is going well, and I feel like I'm in a real groove now with the running. Managed three 8.5 mile runs during the week, and then a longer 13 miler at the weekend, which I went round in 1h 45 mins, so really pleased with that as it's a very hilly course and I was taking it quite steady for the first 10, before letting rip a bit in the last 2-3. The good thing is that I didnt feel completely drained by the end of it, so what that tells me is that I'm building up the distances now and feel like I can take on some longer runs, which I will be doing in the next few weeks!

Back to the start of another week tonight with a gentle 8 miler...

No comments: