Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Back on the road

So after a very gentle 8 miler on Monday, it's another 8 miler tonight, although half thinking about turning into a 10 miler as it's not much of a detour to jog home from work. One thing I have noticed is how tired I am though, but that's probably because its the first week back at work and Ive had some early starts and mentally my brain is probably not used to it. Coupled with the fact that Ive now moved from doing 30 miles a week to 40, so am sure that will take a few weeks to get used to. Overall though I'm feeling pretty good and the key goal for 2008 is to try and stay completely injury free. However my calfs did feel rather tight the other night running, but again I put that down to increased milage, although I do need to be careful as I'm doing a lot of road and hill running at present, so will be taking it fairly steady again tonight doing around 8:30 - 8:45 min mile pace with around 3kgs on the back (camelback basically).

No comments: