Sunday, January 4, 2009

Power Walker!

So my running days are over and I'm now relegated to the walkers! Not quite yet I hope. This morning was about getting the Aarn pack sorted, and after fiddling around with it for an hour, I'm still not 100% certain that I've got it right yet. It feels like I'm carrying too much on the shoulders, but after endlessly messing about with it, it's still not there yet. Some more tinkering needed me thinks.

However after getting it as best I could, I went on a power walk. Not as far as I wanted to (time pressures), but enough for a 6.5km blast around Balmain, knocking that off in just over 45 mins. I was surprised at just how quickly I went to be honest. But that is only a quick 6.5kms.

I'm now almost certainly going to do the Narrabeen 12hr ultra, but it's likely I'll be walking the whole thing with backpack. It will be good for me (I hope!), and hopefully I'll get by 'sans injury' - or worsening what's already there. If it starts to feel remotely dodgy, I'll pull the plug. I have to remember the end goal here, which is at least get to the MDS startline! Anyway's Xmas is now over and it's back to work now, and in the absence of running I'll be doing a lot of walking and swimming. I'm hoping that we're only talking about another 7-10 days or so before I get back into running again - we'll see what the physio says tomorrow.

No comments: