Friday, January 2, 2009

Dare I say it.... I went for a run today!

Yes, it was an actual run, but for the record I did a quick 20 laps of the pool on NYE (my running excel spreadsheet is at work, so I'll have to update when I go back Monday as this blog is the only record of the last 2 weeks swimming).

Anyway's I felt confident enough to go for a run - I did 5kms and it was hot this morning. OK, so it's not mammoth, but it's a start. It felt OK to begin with but to be honest gradually got a bit worse as the run went on. It's still not 100% ready yet - I reckon another 7-10days before we're really talking. I'm paranoid about losing fitness though. Those 5kms this morning were actually quite hard work, but I'm not sure if that was hard work due to the leg not being 100%, or just lost fitness - I suspect the former at the moment.

Still... I hope we're in the right direction. I won't do anything tomorrow, but will try 10kms on Sunday I think and see how we go before a physio appointment on Monday. I also think I'll do the Narrabeen 12hr ultra as well, but will probably walk it - at a pace. I think 70kms could be realistic for this - but I will do it with a near enough starting pack weight of about 7-8kgs I reckon too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did an out and back with Terry and Darrel on the GNW today. The leaches all say "HI". We came across two bogan dirtbikers pushing their 250cc dirtbikes along the lyrebird trail towards the Basin. They were absolutely shattered - it's hard running along there without falling over the edge, it'd be alomst impossible to mountain bike and there they were on dirt bikes. Gooses!.

Just read back through your blog - you've been having issues with this leg since mid November an it seems to play a part in each run. Hope it gets sorted soon for good so we can head out and knock an hour off that Solitary time.