Monday, January 5, 2009

More physio

It's an expensive business this running thing. I thought you only needed a pair of trainers! Anyway, more physio, and I'm more comfortable around the notion that I haven't got a stress fracture. If I did, I don't think that running would be an option. I remember when I had one in my foot, it was agony! Having chatted some more, the issue lies in the fibula not tracking correctly and why it's started now I don't know. We may need to go back to heel striking as an action instead of the pose running. I can run when I heal strike, it hurts when I pose run.

However the time for rest has now passed, if I can't run I 'll be walking, pretty much everyday from now on and swimming too. I can't lose fitness, I've worked too hard in the last 15 months to get myself to a 3hr 30 marathon pace and I'm not prepared to lose that now. Looking forward to Narrabeen now, bit scared as I don't want to injure the leg, but the walk yesterday was positive and quick. If I can keep a 6.5km - 7km pace throughout, who knows I could post a good distance, but one step at a time me thinks!

No comments: