Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The new regime...

So it's swimming and cycling now for the next 7 weeks. I meant to start on Monday, but with the parents still here it's difficult to take the time out. So I'm now up at 5:30am each morning to get my lazy behind to the gym. Tuesday was 1.5kms swimming and a planned cycle in the evening, but work has been major crazy for the last 2 weeks and it overtook me last night too, so no cycle. But still, I was up at 5:30am this morning and did 45mins intervals on the bike, knocking off 25kms... a nice little start. I followed that up with 1km in the pool. I plan to go again tonight. I'll be doing the gym twice daily now for seven weeks building up the cycling and swimming to the point hopefully of 2 hours on the bike and 2kms in the pool.

I also want to try and get at least 30 mins in the sauna each day too... Im now so focused on maintaining as much fitness as possible and losing 5kgs before the race. I'm carrying a few extra pounds from the stop start training of the last 6 weeks. Strictly off the naughty food as well now - pure focus for 7 weeks which I'm sure will make me the world's most boring individual, but hey, needs must.

No comments: