Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What a write-off...

After two very good mid-week runs over 6 miles each last week, it was back to the usual... illness! It's getting beyond a joke now. This time I was properly struck down with flu and acheyness, however I did manage a very cheeky (but slow) 4 miles last night, which was good as I could look at my heart rate and not push it hard at all, keeping it around 135 all the way round. I think I'm over it now almost, so will be back out tonight. Again slowly and not too hard at all, but I need to get some serious training in now for the next few weeks as I have a serious 2 months coming up with:

- City to Surf (14km sprint): August 10th
- Wagga Wagga Trail marathon: August 17th
- Glasshouse 100km: September 14th
- Sydney marathon: September 21st
- Melbourne marathon: October 12th

However I've done just a poultry 92 miles in July, through a combination of going back to the UK, being injured and being ill. The only bright point being that I ran a marathon PB over a tough course, but that is probably more due to the fact that I've been able to rest up somewhat in the lead-up to it. In fact, the very light month has probably in all fairness done me some good. I'm half way through the training or thereabouts and it's a good thing to take it slightly easy.

Anyway's positive thinking and onwards and upwards for the next 8 months!

No comments: