Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The usual...

So back on the grind... God I make it sound interesting don't I? :) A very chilled 10kms in 49 mins, with some hill strides thrown in for measure. A little worryingly was the fact that my shins really started to hurt last night. I do think that it's simple down to cold weather, I never got this in the summer. So after the 10kms, I did a couple of hill sprints on the hill I live on, which is a rather nasty 200m climb, and about a 1:11 gradient, so a good workout. So I did 4 of those, and then called it a night. I'll keep on with a fairly normal training programme during this week, 6 miles a night, and then marathon on Sunday. Not quite sure how to take this one. I really want to do back-to-back marathons, and do another one next Sunday. In theory I should take this one fairly slow and do it in around 3:45mins pace, but knowing me I won't. So I'll probably bust a gut, and then see how I feel, but really want to try and do 2 on the trot!

No comments: