Thursday, July 31, 2008

Speedwork and bloody hardwork

So the same 6 mile route last night, but with a slightly different flavour. 7 minute warm-up, followed by 3 minutes at 170-180 heart rate beats per minute, then 6 minute slower with heart rate knocking around 140-150, repeated 3 times, and then 7 minute warm-down.

Hardwork come the last 3 minute slog, and the great news is that I'm getting ill again. I don't know what it is over here in Australia. Everyone is sick and ill, and I pick up everything that's going. I feel like shite! Training will have to be postponed tonight, and see if I can do it on Friday, and then I have the long slow run planned for Saturday. Really want to do at least 18 miles, but we'll have to see how I fair... to be fair!

Two good sessions though yesterday and the day before, good speedwork, which really helps the fitness.

No comments: