Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Marathon Man

So two days after the Wagga Wagga trail marathon, I'm raring to go for this weekend's Mudgee marathon. The only thing stopping me is the diagnosis from a trip to the physio yesterday. I have a slight strain in one of my ligaments on my left knee. Which has been around for a while in fact. It's not overly painful or indeed that bad, but it's making me reconsider trying to do another marathon this weekend. Additionally I have a strain on the soleus muscle in my left leg too. Once again, this has been around for a little while too.

So I'm left with a few decisions. I'm going to go for a run this evening, nothing too harsh or long, but just to see how I feel, and then take a call on it me thinks. I really want to get back-to-back marathons in the bag, and plus this one is a road marathon so shouldn't be too bad, but there are some vicious hills I hear! However I know I'll have to go slower than Sunday, and I'm wondering if that will annoy me at all? Plus, I don't want to do any additional damage as I have the Glasshouse 100km lined up for September also. I signed up for this earlier in the week, and can't wait, although I wont be saying that after the race I'm sure. This will be my first ultra and I'm kind of throwing myself in at the deep end a little, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Two and a half marathon... yikes! I need to get properly prepared for this one, really sort out my food and drinks - it should be a great experience!

No comments: