Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Steady as she goes...

So although not 100% back on track, I've decided that enough is enough and I have to get out there, so it was a slightly longer 8.5 miles (or 14kms) for me last night. It seems weird talking in miles now, given that no-one over here uses the term, so I think I'm going to have to start using kilometres from now on! Ohhhh how I'm losing my Englishness fast! Anyway, 14kms it was, and although I started off pretty steady, I ended up going round a little quicker than I probably should have done, in 67 mins. I'm really conscious of pushing it at the moment as, given that I'm still not 100% and I don't want to prolong the illness. I did that last time, and it stuck around for 2 weeks. So although I proposed another run tonight, it's going to be a rest day and then a run on Thursday and Friday me thinks, as it's city to surf day on Sunday.

I had initially set myself a goal of under an hour for this, however with the illness, it's likely to be around the 62 - 63 mins mark now. However these little sprint races are good, as they increase overall fitness and stamina. Friday though, I'm going to try and get a longer run in (around 15-18 miles), just ahead of the Wagga Wagga trail marathon next weekend. Wicked can't wait for that!

No comments: