Thursday, August 7, 2008

Casual 10km

So after deciding during the day not to run last night and ease myself back into the pattern follwoing my illness, I went out and ran. But it was good. A very casual 10kms in 48 minutes which I was fairly happy with. I didn't push it hard at all, but with the cold and chestyness, I was breathing a little heavy towards the end, but by no means uncomfortable. I must say though I was feeling slightly weary, but that's only because of the illness I'm sure.

Rest night tonight me thinks, or maybe a short 4 miler, then going to do a longer run on Friday night, around 13-15 miles nice and easy before next weekend's trail marathon. This will be my first proper trail marathon, so again not sure what to expect from it. I thought Hunter Valley would be slow as it was mainly off-road, but look what happened there! Anyway, I'll keep any expectations at bay and just run the race. I found that I was so relaxed ahead of Hunter Valley that I really didn't worry about times and splits. As a result I did go out a little too hard and paid slightly on the way back, but I think that had more to do with the lack of longer distance runs done in the 3 months between Canberra and Hunter Valley. Anyway's City to Surf this weekend - I'll use this as a speed session. First 5 kms fairly relaxed, and then 8kms of afterburners and lungbusting throwing-up-ness me thinks. I hate this shorter ones... I'm so not a sprinter :)

No comments: