Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Two posts and one calf pull in a day

Well, nothing for a week and then all at once. Just been out for a run, and just under 3 miles in my calf goes again. It's weird because it was fine on the run on Sagturday morning, but today I could feel it get progressively worse to the point were it just wasnt worth the risk. However I've probably put myself back now a couple of days as a result of running today. Highly frustrating and annoying as the last few weeks have been shite as I've already mentioned - illness and injury. However I guess this is just part of the life of training, and up until now I've been blessed with little or no injury thus far. It still doesnt take away from the fact that it makes me feel even less prepared for the marathon next week now. I'm in two minds about it all. This one is not the be all and end all, so i'd rather get right for the Glasshouse 100km than this one.

I also need to look at the bigger picture and so far training has been pretty good. I've just totted up my total milage and its at just under 1,350 since I started training (properly) back in Oct last year. I'm now exactly halfway through my training so things look good I feel. I guess I'm just going to have to rest the calf for a few days now - I'm not veryt good at doing that!

1 comment:

Steph Cooke said...

That's rough about the calf, and really frustrating! I guess injuries are to be expected when we are putting in the miles we do, hopefully a bit of a rest will put it right.
This listening to your body bit is so tough at times though!