Friday, July 18, 2008

A casual 4 miler

So last night was a little 4 miler in preparation for the weekend marathon. So a total of 16 miles leading up to this weekend, which is probably far more than usual, but given the lack of running int e last few weeks, I decided to do a little more as I really want to use this as just a normal training week really. However we'll see how we go. Will probably do a very gentle 2 miler on Saturday evening just before the race on Sunday to loosen the legs up, and then straight into it on Sunday morning. I think I've decided not to run with a backpack. Given the injury last week with the calf, I don't want to put anymore undue pressure on it, and wearing a backpack with a bit of weight is probably not going to help that. Indeed last night running around I could feel tightness in my calfs, so I'll be doing loads of stretching ahead of Sunday, and indeed have been over the last few days. So we'll see how we go. Just looking at possible times, to do a 3hr 30min marathon, I only have to go at 8 minute miles, and my last long run of 18 miles, I was well within reach of that, and I was wearing a backpack with around 4kgs in it, so kind of makes me hopeful that a good time maybe on the cards, but who knows hey, it could all go wrong with the calfs - we'll have to see!

No comments: