Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jet lag can be a good thing

Oh yes it can... I was in bed by 10pm last night having just landed that day back in Sydney, and was wide awake at 5am. Beauty I thought, I'll go for a run. This was the first 'proper' run for a good 10 day or so given the calf trouble. The few 'tester' runs I'd done meant that the calf was feeling good, so I decided to push this one a little. I set out pretty steady as I didnt want a repeat of the calf pull, but all in I did a good 6 miles in just over 45 mins. I was so paranoid about losing fitness in the last few weeks, as I seem to lose it quite quickly, but all felt good today on the run. Plus it's so beautiful where I live, watching the sun come up as you run around the water's edge and then with the stunning views of Sydney Harbour Bridge to boot as well. Really makes you realise why you move over here, having been back in the UK for the last 2 weeks visiting family and friends. Anyway, quite how the marathon will go on Sunday I dont know - not sure if I have the longer distance stamina at the moment to complete in a good time i.e. beater than Canberra, but we'll see. Anything around 3hr 45min would be OK I guess... but OK is never good enough. I want to beat 3hr 30 min!

No comments: