Friday, June 27, 2008

Pounding the pavements

So another day another session. This time a nice 7 miler around Balmain, but with 7 x 1 minute faster strides int eh run also. I've taken to mixing things up a little, so instead of running a straight 7 miles as I normally do most nights each week, I put in some sprints and strides, not only to mix it up, but to also help vary the pace at which I run at. There's nothing more boring than running one pace mile after mile! So pleased with the first 3 runs of this week, and I appear to be back on track now, following that god awful chest infection last week. The true test will be the 20+ miler I have planned for tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well, but I'm a little worried having not done a big mileage run for 5 weeks now. I'm sure all will be OK though.

1 comment:

Mike Blamires said...

Glad you're back on the horse! 5 weeks shouldn't cause too much of a problem, I find it takes a surprisingly long time to 'loose it'.

On another note - I go to China next Friday, Tibet has just re-opened and I am trying to see if it's possible to sort an Everest base camps trip out, would be great if I can pull that one off!