Thursday, June 26, 2008

Definitely back on it

So tonight was the first run over 4 miles in over a week and whilst still feeling a bit chesty I was definately feeling a lot stronger, so decided to thrash this one out a bit and push myself (mainly to see if I've stil got it). It's crazy but after 10 days of illness and only sporadic training, it makes me think I've lost fitness. Stupid I know. But fear ye not, I busted a gut to do 7.5 miles in 55 mins, so pretty pleased with that, and I started out pretty slowly, but really motored from about 2 miles onwards. One thing that does concern me is that I haven't done a long distance run now for 5 weeks, and by long distance I mean anything over 13 miles. I've done a fair few half marathon distances, but really need to get a few 20+ milers in, so am going to have a bash at one on Saturday whilst the missus is at yoga. Not sure if I'll be ready, but will take this pretty slowly as I really need to get one in. Then it's a few days and I'm back in the U of the K for a few weeks. Nice...

No comments: