Monday, June 30, 2008

Good weekend

So after a solid week of shorter runs, it was time to hit the weekend with some longer runs. Things didnt get off to a great start as my stomach took the word 'runs' a little too literally and I had a bout of 'runs' on Friday night after a very hot curry at the local thai - with this in mind I was debating whether I should do the long run on Saturday or Sunday, but decided to play it by ear and see how we went. In the end I did a half-way house and ran 11 miles on Saturday, all very steady and surely in around 1hr 30 mins, nothing to set the world alight, but all good. Sunday was then to be my longer run, and about 3 miles in I could already feel thee 11 miles from the previous night, and with the lovely sunshine, this was hard. I almost thought about call it a day at 12 miles, but you have to push yourself, so I did 16 with a nice 2 mile recovery walk home, taking the total to 48 miles for the week. So pretty pleased with that given I was still feeling the chest infection in the early part of this week. It's amazing how much it does affect you as well, but glad that week is out of the way and I can now focus on one or two bigger mileage runs back in the UK now ahead of the Hunter Valley marathon.

No comments: