Monday, June 16, 2008

No running!

Well for the first weekend in a very very very long time i did nothing, zip, bugger all. As I've posted about before, my shins have been giving me grief and I've generally been feeling pretty tired, and now I know why, I'm sitting here, Monday morning and starting to feel ill. So it's all catching up with me a bit. I was going to take the weekend off anyway, just to get some R+R and a bit of recovery as I was feeling so tired. And now I'm feeling ill, great! But hey ho, it explains a few things really, and it was good to give the legs a rest.

The plan is to try and get back on it this week. I woke up at 5:30am this morning with a view of going for a run, but I felt rough, so went back to bed and think it was a good decision to be honest. So will see how I feel tonight, but want to try and get out for a run, and then I have a big weekend planned. I'm goign to try and to a 36 miler along the coast, so this will be my first big ultra so to speak of... but again I need to see how I feel, but really want to give it a bash - its time to step up the game a little!

2 comments:

Steph Cooke said...

Hi Dan, sounds as though you made the right decision to rest, give yourself chance to recover.
It can be hard to listen to our bodies at times when our instinct is to keep training but I guess the rest is pretty important too!
Hope you are soon feeling better, hopefully you've nipped it in the bud.
Stephx

Mike Blamires said...

Hope you feel better and ready for September with the rest. Good effort on the sand races, very good times.