Monday, June 11, 2007

Lazy hazy days of summer

Well after another acupuncture session on Thursday, my shins and legs are feeling pretty good. I could certainly feel thee pins a bit more this time round after the 10 mile run on Wednesday, but I did a little warm-up, or warm down run, depending on your classificaation on Friday with a girl from work. Only 5 kms, but just took it nice and easy to see how the shins were. And no too bad at all to be honest.

So today, 10th June was the longer run day, and I was going to try for 14 miles, but I only did 10 in the end, mainly because I was massively dehydrated, which was a bit silly really as I knew I was. I've overindulgedd a little this weekend, eating loads of pizza and beer at a friend of mine's house, who've just got engaged, and i certainly fel the after effects to be honest! However despite this, I actually went round a little quicker than Wednesday. It's really bizarre as Wednesday I felt awesome running around, but today I felt slightly sluggish, my hip was playing up on the downhills and i had the wrong socks on as well, yet I went round about a minute quicker. Really bizarre. Plus it was hotter today also, however it makes me realise i that really need to get properly hydrated when running and also get proper recovery drinks as well. I'm having a real craving for chocolate milk and strawberries when Ive finished running... very bizarre!

Anyhows... off to search t'interweb for new trainers and recovery drinks! Adious mes amis!

No comments: