Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Injuries and such

So a long time no speak on here... again. Well I managed to somehow fracture my foot running. Silly me.. i felt a twinge whilst walking on the Sunday August Bank Holiday, and then decided to go for a run. Felt something go around 3 miles in... and carried on for another 5 miles... got home.. couldnt walk. Then went to hospital, confirmed the worst and had to get taxis everywhere for 2 weeks. Only just got back on the running, with a 15 miles one week, and then 2 10km runs last week in France to ease myelf in. Then left my trainers in France.. nice one... so just bought some new ones today... nice... will have to break them in too!

However big news is I'm moving to Australia in a couple of months, so very busy. So have planned out a realistic training schedule to see me through until I go... and then up til the end of the year. That should get the half-marathon fitness back, and then full steam ahead (injury permitting) for the next 15 months. Fingers crossed

No comments: