Monday, October 22, 2007

Back on the road...

Well after a dodgy September with injuries, and then a little bit of illness, followed by going to the Rugby World Cup Final, things are getting back on track now. I have decided to follow a rather simple programme of running until I get to Australia, and then really get right back into it when I'm out there.

So last week, despite a little illness I got back on it with 3 or 4/5/6 mile runs with 6-8 kgs on. I've forgotten how hard it is, and just how much fitness you do actually lose when you've been injured. But things are OK, and I just need to get the consistency going again now. The aim is to run around 20-25 miles a week. To be honest, work and commuting really doesn't allow for much more at the moment, and then when I'm settled in Australia, things will hopefully approach some level of normality again and I can get seriously back into the training. I've got hold of a programme of training from a guy that ran in the MDS, and it all looks very sensible and achievable too. So here we go!

No comments: