Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Well it's been a wee while now...

Hello one and all... well just me :) It has been ages since I posted on here, so thought I'd drop in with an update on all things in the running world. Things have been good since the new trainers came on board. In November I managed to get a really consistent month, mainly helped by the fact that I ahve slowed down somewhat and am taking on much more difficult terrain, aided by the fact that I have moved to Sydney, Australia and it lends itself to doing just that!

So having had that bloody awful foot injury in September, October was just about building fitness again, and November has seen a good consistent 23-25 a week running. I think the thing has been slowing down somewhat. Beforehand I'd run each run as if it were my last and I was racing. Now I'm running around the 8:30min - 9min mile mark, and not only do I feel so much less tired when I get back from runs, but I'm able to train longer and better, I think it's really helping, so going for a 1 hour run is like a walk in the park, quite literally as I go around the Botanical Gardens in Sydney! So far so good. So my aims for December are to build up the weekly milage to around 30 miles a week now, with a half-marathon on weekends. I'm also going to make sure I start posting much more on here as it'sd a good training diary for me too!

No comments: