Thursday, April 2, 2009

MDS 2009 - Day 2

A little stiff this morning, but we soon got into a steady stride and then hit some dunes. The blisters have started though and I got into some real trouble 6kms in. 14kms to the first checkpoint and surprisingly did it in 2 hours despite feeling like crap. A little rest and some food and the next section was just flat running, my kinda town. I pretty much ran the entire section of 12kms in 1hr 45ish and felt good, even the backpack felt better despite being around 8kgs still. At CP2, the final 11kms I decided to power walk and save the legs for tomorrow's biggie. I kept thinking that I had to chase Jan Herman like Narrabeen, and smashed it in around 1hr 30mins. It's amazing how many runners I overtook, smashing out 7kms an hour walking. Today's effort has seen me move up to 426 from 450. Perfect... and the big day to come. Despite the lack of training over the last 3 months I think I'm in a good position, tomorrow will tell though and sort out the men from the boys...

No comments: