Thursday, July 12, 2007

Record times and record blisters!

Well went out for a nice little 7 miler on Sunday after the 12 miler on Saturday and the inevitable happened as it does with a new set of trainers... the old blister! So shredded the skin off my heal nicely. so rested it up on Monday, put a few pathetic plasters on Tuesday and ran another 12 miler on Tuesday. Plaster lasted precisely 1 mile (longer than expected). But to be honest you just have to run on through it, so I did. And it hurt for about 5 miles, but then stopped having skin to rub through and was ok. Then as I hit 8 miles i could feel another blister coming on, this time on the outside of my right foot, and boy was it a beauty! So got home and popped that one!

So had to rest really tonight as calf's were quite sore from Tuesday, I boshed out 12 miles in around 1hr 37, which is quite quick going for me as I had about 6kgs on the back as well. Plus im off on holiday on Friday for a week to Ibiza, so that will screw up the running! hahahahaha... see you in a week!

1 comment:

Steph Cooke said...

Hi Dan, glad the running is going much better. Hope you had a good holiday!