Sunday, July 8, 2007

Is summer here?

Well after a bit of a chaffing issue! We seemed to have calmed down now after a few days. Was hoping to try and run yesterday, but was still a bit painful, so i thought one more day isn't going to harm. So off I went running this afternoon, twas quite warm actually and I have caught the sunshine a little.

Ive also got some new trainers, Asics DS Racers, which I bought off ebay, so was trying them out for the first time, and all in all not too bad. Have deliberately bought trainers that dont have masses of heel cushioning, as it's a bad and easy habit to slip back into heel striking, so these are not too bad at all. Extremely light as well, so having done a 12 miler in them today I was pretty pleased! Went round a little slower than I normally would as well, which is no bad thing as this was my first run in these new shoes, and I did about 7 of the 12 miles on the grass as well. I also wanted to make sure I got round relatively pain and acheyness free as I'm planning on doing a 10 miler tomorrow to take the weekly milage up to around 40 this week. Things are only going to get tougher and tougher from now on as it's hard to fit 40 miles in the week, but i'll make sure I do. So for the next 3 months I'll be running between 35 and 41 miles a week. Then from October onwards i'll push up to 45-50 a week in time for the Snowdonia marathon... and hopefully the shin splints have been banished forever!

No comments: