Sunday, April 29, 2007

Training 24.10.07

Evening all, well after a chest infection for the last week and a half or so, training has been a little disjointed in April, but back on track tonight. Despite not feeling 100% fit still, managed to do a little 6 mile run in around 48 mins, but only with around 3kgs on the back. Still not too bad, and can definately feel that my stamina is getting better. I now think of 6/7 milers as fairly easy/light runs, so good news. Anyway the plan is to keep going with two 6-8 milers per week, and then a longer 13 mile run on a Sunday. That should be a minimum of around 25-29 miles a week, which I'll carry on doing from April to the end of June. From June-August, I'll be uping this to two 10-12 mile runs a week, with a 14-16 mile run on a Sunday. This should get me up 34-38 miles a week. Then from September to December I'll up this again, doing two 12-14 mile runs twice weekly, with an 18-20 miles run on a sunday, so that will be 42-48 miles a week. This should get me to marathon fitness by the end of the year... and then from next year onwards, I'll up the training nights to 4-5, with some cross-training and walking. My mate has just done this year's marathon des sables, and he says its vey important to walk as well as do running. Laters folks!

No comments: