Thursday, March 8, 2007

Training

Well after getting accepted and going for a little 8 mile run on Monday (5th), and somewhat pushing myself a little to see where i am fitness wise, i guess the training really does begin. Although the event is two years away, I really think I need to start training now, and so I have. I guess for the next 3 months, I'll look to do 2-3 8-10 mile runs a week, just to build up the miles and the stamina, and then go from there!

I think the reality of what i'm doing has hit a little now as well. People at work think I'm stupid, in fact most people do, but that makes me even more determined to be honest. So off I went for a run tonight, a nice little 9 1/2 miler, which i did in just under 1hr 20 mins, and thats with my backpack on and about 8kgs in there. To be honest I'm quite happy at this stage, the shins are holding up, as I've been suffering for the last few years with shin splints... but so far so good!

No comments: